How well do you know Simon Pegg?
Comedy star Simon Pegg is interviewed in the August issue of Candis, but how much do you know about the star of Shaun of the Dead and Star Trek?
- His current film, The World’s End, is the third in the so-called ‘Cornetto trilogy’ – what are the other two?
- He starred in Run Fatboy Run, a 2007 film he co-wrote with Dylan Moran, but who directed it?
- And when did they first work together?
- Hot Fuzz was shot in and around the city of Wells – what’s the city’s claim to fame?
- He provided the voice for detective Thompson in The Adventure of Tintin (2011) – who provided the voice of detective Thomson?
- He appeared in Doctor Who in 2005 as The Editor – what other connection does he have with the programme?
- He appears as Benji Dunn in Mission: Impossible III (2006) and Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol (2011), but who was originally up for the role?
- In his introductory scene as Scotty in Star Trek, a famous creature from the original TV series can be seen – what is it?
Scroll down to see the answers…
- Shaun of the Dead (2004) and Hot Fuzz (2007)
- David Schwimmer, the former Friends star
- The co-starred in Big Nothing (2006) but first acted together in TV series Band of Brothers (2001)
- It claims to be the smallest city in England with about 12,000 inhabitants
- His friend and long-time collaborator Nick Frost
- He did the voiceover for the behind-the-scenes show, Doctor Who Confidential
- Ricky Gervais but he was unable to take the role
- A tribble, a fictional creature that’s small, furry and reproduces so fast it was considered a pest. In the new films, Scott is also accompanied by Keenser, an alien Starfleet officer.