6 great ways to liven up your lunch
What are you having for lunch today? There’s a good chance it’s the same as yesterday, as a new Lurpak survey found 32% of us eat the same thing every day – although 50% admitted they’re bored by it. The most common meal is a cheese sandwich, followed by ham, chicken or salad. But it doesn’t have to be this dull – so here’s 6 ways to liven up your lunch.
1. Feta with avocado and roasted red pepper (buy the ready-roasted kind), on wholegrain bread. Full of protein and good fats, just add a sprinkling of chilli flakes to wake up your tastebuds.
2. Chicken and mango with mint raita wrap. Use leftover roast chicken and make raita by mixing chopped mint with Greek yoghurt. Summery and sparkling.
3. Prawn, broad bean and mint salad. Mix the ingredients into a creamy dressing, and toss through with little gem lettuce for a lovely taste of summer (even if it’s in Tupperware).
4. Bacon, ricotta and kale on sourdough. Crispy bacon on a bed of ricotta and wilted kale would cost a fortune in a posh deli – make it at home for a fraction of the price.
5. Moroccan chicken pitta. Mix some shredded chicken through with chopped, dried apricots, a handful of parsley and Greek yoghurt – you can add rocket for an extra kick. Pack into a toasted pitta.
6. Avocado, fig and blue cheese baguette. Fresh, unexpected tastes in rustic bread – be sparing with the blue cheese, though, as a little goes a long way. This lunch will make you feel as if you’re on holiday somewhere lovely, even if you’re at your desk and it’s raining outside.