Savings, bargains and tips to help you make the most of the summer holidays
Let’s keep those holiday memories alive
- Start planning an autumn break now to take advantage of lower prices but high enough temperatures to enjoy the British weather. Secret Escapes are offering terrific bargains in posh hotels in Edinburgh (£119 per room per night on the Royal Mile), traditional hotels in Harrogate for £89 a night including breakfast and dinner and £99 per room per night in a country house hotel in Surrey. Find out more here.
- Did the queues at Gatwick keep you from picking up a duty free bargain? Never fear, the Fragrance Shop is offering great deals at the moment (buy DKNY Be delicious Eau de Toilette for £28 for 100ml) and sign up for their newsletter for a chance to win a year’s supply of your favourite scent. Find out more here.
- Weekday meals looking a little meh after all that gorgeous holiday food? Keep the flavours going with a gourmet course or two. Groupon are offering dim sum cookery classes for £19, French or Italian cooking classes for £29 and pasta making classes for £26. Find out more here.
- Missed the deadline for achieving that perfectly toned beach bod? Never fear, just move the deadline forward – we’ve got four whole months until the Christmas party season – more than enough time to shed those extra pounds. Martin Lewis’s Money Saving Expert has tracked down some £10 a month gym deals. Find out more here.
- Celebrate the remaining sunshine by making the most of your garden – bring the colours and the scent of the Mediterranean home with you by snapping up some bargains from leadthegoodlife.com. For example you can buy three lavender plants for £9.99, a bougainvillea for £26.99 or three oleanders for £22.99. Find out more here.