Top beauty cheats
Julia Roberts revealed she always uses baking soda to whiten her teeth in our November Beauty notes, so we uncovered a few more store cupboard beauty cheats for you…
- Relax in the knowledge that your cupboards may hold all your beauty needs
- Gwyneth Paltrow recommends using a mixture of sugar, olive oil and coarse ground coffee as a cleanser before smoothing over oatmeal and honey followed by soothing aloe vera.
- Mix one part organic beer with two parts lukewarm water and use as the final rinse on your hair for super-soft shine.
- Massage a 20p-sized blob of olive oil into your scalp while the bath is running, leave it in while you soak, wash out thoroughly and condition as usual to boost hair condition.
- As well as putting slices of cucumber on your eyes to ease tiredness, place sliced tomatoes on your face to brighten dull skin and clear blackheads. Lie back for ten minutes then remove, rinse and pat dry.
- Rub the inside of an avocado skin on your hands and elbows for baby soft skin.
- Run out of talc? Use cornflour instead.
- If you like peppermint or camomile tea, don’t throw away the teabags after you’ve made yourself a cuppa – add them to the bowl of hot water for a great pick-me-up facial steam.