Hollywood and BAFTA-nominated actress Amy Adams talks fairytale career, growing up as one of seven children, working as a Hooters hostess and why friends and family are the real stars in her life.
– As a child, Amy wanted to be a singing nurse – she did her own singing in The Muppets, Enchanted and Miss Pettigrew Lives For A Day
– She is a trained dancer and originally wanted to be a ballerina
– She is only 5ft 4in tall
– Hollywood legend Meryl Streep – with whom Amy appeared alongside in Doubt and Julie & Julia – taught Amy to knit
– After graduating from high school she worked briefly as a hostess at Hooters, and said of her time there, “I quickly learnt that short shorts and beer don’t mix!”
– She is best friends with British star Emily Blunt, who she met on the set of Sunshine Cleaning
– She loves Mexican food
– Famously said, “I have worked with some of the meanest people in the world. You can’t do anything to intimidate me.”
– She will reprise her role of Lois Lane in Batman Vs Superman, due for release in 2015
Want to read the full article? Find out the full story? If you’re a Candis member click to read the January issue of the magazine – and this article in full – now in our digital edition.