Hollywood superstar Ben Affleck is a man of many talents – screen writer, actor, director and producer. He is also a man with a conscience, using his power and influence to support the Democratic Party in the US and charitable groups, but still finds time to be superdad to his three beloved children and attentive husband to his wife Jennifer Garner. Want to know more?
1. His real name is Benjamin Géza Affleck-Boldt.
2. He and Matt Damon sold the script for Good Will Hunting for just $600,000. The film went on to gross over $225m in the US alone.
3. In 2004 he won $356,000 dollars in a poker competition, defeating some of the best poker players in the world.
4. He was the youngest person to win an Oscar for Best Original Screenplay for Good Will Hunting at the age of just 25 and is the first director ever to win both the Golden Globe and Directors Guild Award for Argo.
5. He is the oldest actor to be cast at Batman. The new film Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice is due for release in 2016.
6. He is the only actor to have played both Batman and Superman.
7. He speaks Spanish and French and has also learnt to speak Arabic.
8. Spent time in a rehab unit in 2001 for alcohol abuse.
9. He gave up smoking when his first daughter was born.
10. Is afraid of flying!
11. Is a huge fan of Robert Englund who is most well-known for playing Freddy Kreuger in the Nightmare on Elm Street film series.
12. Earned just $30 for his appearance if Field of Dreams in 1989 in comparison to a whopping rumoured $15m for his role in Paycheck in 2003.