Beautiful and talented Oscar-winning actress Cate Blanchett always shines on both the red carpet and silver screen, but her favourite role is playing mum of three. Here we reveal a few more facts about the Hollywood A-lister
– After completing work on the Lord of the Rings trilogy in the role of Galadriel, she kept and bronzed her elf ear prosthetics.
– Chosen as one of People Magazine’s 50 Most Beautiful People in the World.
– Was unknowingly pregnant while portraying the pregnant journalist in The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (2004).
– Admitted to not hitting it off with her husband when she first met him. Apparently he thought she was aloof and she thought he was arrogant.
– Her older brother Bob has a mild form of cerebral palsy. When they were growing up, Cate always stuck up for him when the other children made fun of him. Later, she gave her second son Roman the middle name Bob, after her brother and deceased father Bob, Sr.
– Is good friends with Nicole Kidman.
– Holds the record as the only Australian actress to win two Academy Awards.
– Was on set for just eight days to shoot her scenes for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012) and the two follow-ups.