Actress Diane Keaton talks about her adored mother, her family values and why at 67 she’s still excited by life.
On the case of Keaton
- She was paid $35,000 for her role in The Godfather, which shot up to $1.5m when she was in The Godfather: Part 3.
- As well as being an actor and author she is also a keen photographer, real estate developer and singer.
- She was raised as a Methodist.
- She has admitted to having bulimia in the 1970s.
- She won her only Academy Award for the role of Annie Hall in 1977 – she has since been nominated three times.
- Since 2006 she has been one of the many faces of L’Oréal and is a staunch opponent of plastic surgery.
- Has said of her nude scene in Something’s Gotta Give in 2003, “Nobody is looking at me the way I once imagined people would look at me. I think they just go, ‘Huh. There it is. Intact.’”
Want to read the full article? Find out the full story? If you’re a Candis member click to read the June issue of the magazine – and this article in full – now in our digital edition.