Queen of country Dolly Parton tells us about her 55 years in the music business, her hit stage version of 9 to 5 and the love of her life
- Her real name really is Dolly Parton and her middle name is Rebecca
- At high school she tried out as a cheerleader but was rejected
- She is, and always has been, an avid reader and loves both the old classics and modern novels
- She has donated millions of dollars to charities, especially to medical centres across the US
- Despite owning a theme park, Dolly feels queasy on big rides
- Dolly wrote Whitney Houston’s smash hit I Will Always Love You
- She has her own range of wigs – but much of what you see is actually her own hair
- Although just 4ft 11in, Dolly takes size 5½ shoes
- She once entered a Dolly Parton lookalike competition for fun. She disguised herself a little by exaggerating her looks – and lost!
Want to read the full article? Find out the full story? If you’re a Candis member click to read the May issue of the magazine and this article in full now in our digital edition.