A lucky man
Scottish star Gerard Butler talks about his wild years, his chat-up lines, his near-death experience – and his love for his mum. Ahh… what a very nice man!
Ooh I never knew that…
- While filming Mrs Brown, he saved a young boy from drowning in the River Tay and received a Certificate of Bravery from the Royal Humane Society.
- He is highly trained in horse riding and archery as most of his films have required these skills.
- As a baby, he lived in Montreal.
- His charity work includes visiting a camp for internally displaced persons managed by Sean Penn and his Jenkins-Penn Humanitarian Relief Organisation in Haiti.
- Shooting had to be halted for 5 days on PS I love You after Gerard’s trouser braces accidentally became snagged – and he belted Hilary Swank in the forehead, causing her to be rushed to hospital for stitches.
Want to read the full article? Find out the full story? If you’re a Candis member click to read the February issue of the magazine and this article in full now in our
If you’re not a Candis member Join now!