Acting definitely runs in the blood of Michael Douglas – but so does wanting to be the best husband and father that he can be. Here’s some facts about one of Hollywood’s greats…
1. His mother was born in Bermuda.
2. He shares the same birthday with his wife, Catherine-Zeta Jones.
3. He is of Russian-Jewish, Scottish and Irish heritage.
4. His performance as Gordon Gecko in Wall Street is ranked number 25 on Premiere Magazine’s Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time.
5. He is a United Nations Messenger of Peace and advocates tighter handgun control since the killing of his friend, John Lennon in 1980.
6. Underwent treatment for alcohol and substance abuse in 1992.
7. A serious skiing accident in 1980 put his acting career on hold for three years.
8. He shared an apartment in New York with fellow aspiring actor Danny DeVito in the late 60s. The rent cost just $75 per month.
9. He was introduced to wife Catherine by Danny DeVito at the Deauville Film Festival in 1998.
10. His middle name is Kirk, after his movie legend father.