Watts next for Naomi?
Aussie star Naomi Watts talks about her restless childhood, being a late bloomer, her Hollywood hiccups and why being a mum is most important to her.
I never knew that…
- The manic sound of laughter that can be heard on Pink Floyd’s Money belongs to Naomi’s father, Peter Watts, the band’s road manager.
- She claims she was inspired to become an actor after watching the 1980 hit musical film Fame.
- Following their separation, her parents reconciled in 1974, but then two years later her father was found dead in his Notting Hill flat following a suspected heroin overdose.
- She failed to graduate from high school in Australia.
- She worked as assistant fashion editor on Australian magazine Follow Me.
- Her favourite comfort food is said to be baked beans.
- She turned down the role of Sue Storm in 2005’s Fantastic Four
- While filming blockbuster King Kong, Naomi fell heavily from a height and thanks her rigorous yoga practice for saving her from any permanent damage.
Want to read the full article? Find out the full story? If you’re a Candis member click to read the April issue of the magazine and this article in full now in our