Hollywood screen siren Sharon Stone tell us why at 55, she’s proud to age gracefully, the perils of being a sex symbol and how a near-death experience changed her life
Getting to know Sharon Stone
– As a teen, Sharon worked part-time as a McDonald’s counter girl.
– She has one older brother (Mike Stone), one younger brother (Patrick Stone), and a younger sister (Kelly Stone).
– She received the Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters from the French government in 1995.
– Her famous leg-crossing scene in Basic Instinct was voted Sexiest Leg Moment on Screen in a poll for Veet.
– Sharon converted to Buddhism after Richard Gere introduced her to The Dalai Lama.
– She lost custody of her son, Roan Joseph Bronstein, to Phil Bronstein after their divorce.
– Sharon is a big supporter of the AIDS research organization AMFAR and was awarded the Harvard Foundation’s Humanitarian Award in 2005.
– In 2011, Men’s Health ranked her number 11 in the 100 Hottest Women of All Time.
– She suffers asthma, diabetes and is allergic to caffeine.
– Sharon owns her own production company, called Chaos.
Want to read the full article? Find out the full story? If you’re a Candis member click to read the January issue of the magazine – and this article in full – now in our digital edition.