Yes you can wear smoky eye make-up!
It’s the eye make-up trend that just won’t go away. Favoured by celebs, it’s a flattering look that’s simple to create…
1) Shimmery eyeshadows are so easy to blend, so use as a base and apply over the entire lid, up
into the socket. You can use a brush or just your fingertips.
2) Apply a darker colour along the edge of your upper lashes, up into a ‘V’ shape along the crease of the eye and blend. Then using a soft pencil, outline the eye as close to the lashes as possible, along both the top and bottom. Gently blend.
3) Finally, apply lashings of mascara until lashes look full. Use individual lash extensions for
– An eye palette that includes all the colours (think greys or browns) you need. MUA Professional Extreme Quad Metallics Smokin, £3 at Superdrug.
– A soft eyeliner with a sponge tip to blend. £1.50, Vivo at Tesco.
– The perfect blending brush that’s not too firm or too floppy. £7.25, No 7 at Boots.
– A lash-lengthening mascara. Lash Boost mascara £4.99, Barbara Daly at Tesco.
New from Clinique is the Lid Smoothie – a genius little product that’s packed full of antioxidants including vitamin E, broccoli and blueberry, with cucumber, caffeine and aloe vera to revitalise plus collagenboosting peptides to smooth, AND it has a super smooth metallic tip to soothe your eyes as you apply! £17, Clinique.