Top Chap – Heritage Press
Duration: 30 Minutes
By Sarah Douglas
Masculine cards don’t have to be all about hobbies – basic shapes, texture and some gorgeous patterned papers make for a project that any man would be proud to receive.
Step By Step
- Cut a piece of yellow patterned card just smaller than your 8×8 card blank and ink the edges with brown ink (n.b. ink the edges of all paper you cut from now on). Adhere centrally to the card blank, and then add a smaller square of blue patterned paper on top.
- Cut a 6×6 piece of brown paper and emboss with the Xcut tartan embossing folder. Adhere centrally to the card.
- Cut a strip of lighter tartan paper 5cm thick and a smaller strip of blue stripe paper 3cm thick and adhere across the card, towards the bottom of the embossed panel.
- Die cut a large star and a medium star (with the small one in it) from Heritage Press icon paper and ink the edges. Mount the large star to blue patterned paper and cut out, leaving a border. Layer the stars with foam squares and adhere to the card as shown.
- Add two tags to the right of the star with a punched flower and gem where they meet.
- Punch four circles from patterned paper and adhere along the bottom right of the border strip. Add a button to each in contrasting colours.
You Will Need
ANT 3721001 Gemstone Wheel (3mm Gems) – 12 Colours
PMA 151401 8 x 8″ Cards/Envelopes (6pk, 300gsm) – White
DOA 550262 Dye Ink Pad (2pk) – Brown and Black
PMA 157229 Die-cut Toppers and Sentiments (2pk) – Heritage Press
PMA 160501 A4 Coloured Paper Pack (48pk)
PMA 160705 A4 Paper Pack (24pk) – Heritage Press
PMA 354101 Pinstriped Buttons (30pcs) – Heritage Press
STI 4000 3D Foam Squares (940pcs)
XCU 261703 Medium Palm Punch – Circle
XCU 261710 Medium Palm Punch – Petal
XCU 503400 Nesting Dies (5pcs) – Star
XCU 515138 6 x 6” Embossing Folder – Tartan
docrafts® are responsible for the UK’s leading crafting website www.docrafts.com and Creativity Magazine. They pride themselves on providing an abundance of inspiration, tips, techniques and know-how, covering a wide range of crafts, to enthusiasts across the World. Many of the UK’s leading products and recognized brands such as Papermania, Xcut, Forever Friends™, Me to You™, Boofle™, Anita’s, Craft Planet and Cousin Jewellery come under the docrafts® umbrella.