Thai Chicken Bites
Cooking time: 8 minutes
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) Thai fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) soft light brown sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 – 5 tablespoons (45 – 75ml) frozen spicy Thai mix, according to taste
- 1 – 2 tablespoons (15 – 30ml) groundnut oil
- 500g frozen mini chicken fillets, thawed
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) frozen chopped coriander
- 1 – 2 tablespoons (15 – 30ml) sesame seeds
- Small bunch spring onions, chopped
- Lettuce leaves (Little Gem, hearts of Romaine or Iceberg)
1. In a small bowl, mix together the Thai fish sauce, sugar and lime juice, set aside.
2. Stir fry the Thai spice mix in hot oil for 1 minute. Add the chicken and continue to fry over a moderate heat for 7 minutes until lightly browned and cooked. Stir in the coriander and the contents of the small bowl.
3. Pile onto a plate, sprinkle with sesame seeds and spring onions. To assemble – place a piece of chicken on a lettuce leaf, drizzle with the dipping sauce, roll up or scrunch together and serve with a bowl of your favourite cooked frozen rice.
The recipe is very versatile as it can be adjusted according to personal taste – add more or less lime juice, sugar and spicy Thai mix.