Preparation time: 10 minutes (plus 30 minutes standing time)
Cooking time: 10 minutes
225ml Unsweetened Almond Breeze almond milk
125g Wholemeal Flour
½ tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Salt
1 tbsp Honey
For the fresh fruit topping
1 Banana, sliced
4 Strawberries, sliced
Honey for drizzling
- Place the wholemeal flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Whisk together to combine.
- Mix the Unsweetened Almond Breeze almond milk, egg and honey together in a measuring jug.
- Slowly add the wet mix to the dry, whisking all of the time to prevent lumps.
- Cover and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a non-stick waffle griddle over a medium heat.
- Add approximately 2 tablespoons of mixture to each waffle mould, cook for approximately 2 minutes each side or until golden brown.
- Repeat to make 8 waffles in total.
- To serve, place 2 waffles on a plate. Top with a spoonful of sliced fresh fruit and drizzle with honey.