This fantastic recipe makes 4 individual pies!
For the pastry:
150 g/5 oz plain flour
75 g/3 oz butter
½ tbsp cold water
For the filling:
2 tbsp pine nuts
200 g/7 oz asparagus
200 ml/7 fl oz double cream
75 g/3 oz grated Västerbottensost
1 pinch salt
1 pinch pepper
1. Mix the ingredients for the pastry and chill for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
2. Line four individual pie dishes with the pastry, prick with a fork and bake blind for approx 7 minutes.
3. Toast the pine nuts in a dry pan on medium heat. Remove the tough ends of the asparagus.
4. Cut the asparagus in thin slices starting at the bottom, until only the top part is left. Divide the top lengthwise.
5. Arrange the asparagus in the pie cases.
6. Mix eggs, cream, pine nuts and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Divide the mixture among the pies and bake for approx. 15 minutes.
8. Garnish with extra pine nuts and some pea shoots.