Beetroot and goats cheese salad
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 50-55mins
1 (145g/5oz) bag watercress rocket and spinach leaves
450g (1lb) small beetroot
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
salt and freshly ground black pepper
350g (12oz) baby new potatoes, halved
2 (100g/4oz) goats cheese, crumbled
For the dressing:
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp honey
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/R6.
2. Use a potato peeler to peel the skins from the beetroot; top and tail them with a small knife then cut each into quarters. Place in a small roasting tray add the olive oil, cumin seeds, salt and pepper and 4tbsp water. Cover the tray with foil then roast for 40-45mins or until the beetroot are tender.
3. While the beetroot cook, boil the potatoes in salted water for 10mins or until tender. Drain and leave to cool.
4. Mix all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and season to taste.
5. Mix the potatoes and beetroot together in the roasting tin, add the dressing and stir well.
6. Transfer the beetroot and potatoes to a serving bowl, add the leaves and goats cheese and toss to mix. Serve straight away.