Barbecue Moroccan Lamb
Lamb with roasted aubergine and pepper with mint cous cous…Serves: 4
4 large lamb Steaks
1 garlic clove
1 onion – large dice
Coarse grd black pepper
½ tablespoon tomato purée
1 bottle red wine
1 bottle Smooth Original Jack Daniel’s Barbecue Sauce
2 tablespoon Beef gravy granules to thicken
110g/4oz couscous boiling water, to cover
Few stems of fresh mint, chopped
1 lemon juice
½ zest glug of olive oil
salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 170°C
2. In a heavy casserole dish, add a little oil and heat – seal the lamb steaks for a couple of minutes either side, remove from the dish put on a plate.
3. Fry the diced onion, garlic puree, black pepper and tomato pureé over a medium heat.~
4. Return the lamb back to the dish and add the prunes, red wine and Jack Daniel’s Smooth Original Barbecue Sauce cover and cook for about 1.5hrs or until tender.
5. 20 minutes before serving, cube the aubergine and pepper and roast in the oven with a little olive oil for approximately 10 minutes or until slightly softened.
6. Pour the boiling water over the couscous, cover and allow to stand for 10 minutes. Mix in the cooked aubergine and pepper, chopped mint, olive oil, lemon juice & zest and season.
7. Remove the lamb steak from the sauce and whisk in some beef granules and heat to thicken. When thickened, serve the lamb with the cous cous and drizzle with the sauce.