Barbecued Fruit with Maple Syrup and Rum Drizzle
Oven temperature 180C/gas 4
1 pack of fresh filo pastry
50g butter, melted
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ ripe pineapple, core removed and cut into wedges
2-3 peaches or apricots, stones removed and halved
Clarks Vanilla Maple syrup
1 tbls white rum (optional)
1 tbls pistachio nuts, chopped
1. Prepare the filo baskets before you are ready to cook the fruit. Cut each sheet of filo pastry into 6 rectangles and brush liberally with butter. Use to line a 6 hole muffin tin and dust with cinnamon. Repeat the process and brush generously with melted butter.
2. Cook in the centre of a hot oven for about 5 minutes until crisp and golden brown. Remove to a cooling rack.
3. Place the mascarpone in a bowl. Add a tablespoon of pistachio nuts and a good glug of Clarks Maple syrup. Mix well.
4. Griddle the fruit over medium coals until beginning to soften and caramelise.
5. Place the cooked fruit on a plate and drizzle with Clarks Maple syrup. Pile the fruit into a filo pastry basket, top with the mascarpone and serve drizzled with maple syrup and rum (optional).
Pile the fruit into ready- made meringue nests, top with vanilla ice-cream, flaked almonds and a good squirt of Clarks Vanilla Maple syrup