Berry Ripple Ice Cream
Ice cream to change your life! This is the easiest recipe ever for ice cream – and can be adapted to any flavour you like – chocolate, caramel swirl, any fruit!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5-10 minutes
Freezing time: 3-4 hours or overnight
400g (14oz) fresh or frozen berries
Juice of 1 lemon
55g (2oz) caster sugar
1pt carton whipping cream
405g can Carnation Condensed Milk Light
1tbsp vanilla extract
Waffle ice cream cones
1. Place the berries in a pan with the lemon juice and sugar and cook until syrupy (about 5-10 minutes). Cool then strain the berry sauce through a sieve to remove the pips.
2. Beat the cream to soft peaks then add the condensed milk and vanilla and beat again to soft peaks.
3. Pour the ice cream into a freezable container and swirl through the berry sauce.
4. Freeze until solid (about 3-4 hours or overnight).
5. To serve leave out for 5-10 minutes before serving in ice cream cones!
Tips! You can use any berries for this – try blackcurrants, blueberries or raspberries. Adjust the sugar with the fruit according to taste. Or just make a plain base ice cream with the cream, condensed and vanilla and swirl through Carnation Caramel or chocolate sauce.
Using the condensed milk ensures a smooth ice-cream without the need to stir mid way through freezing