Billycan sausage stew
Cook this at home or while camping for a quick and tasty treat
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
1 pack good quality pork sausages (6 sausages)
2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
1 onion, finely sliced
75ml white wine
50g fresh basil, chopped
1 tin chopped tomatoes or 270g of fresh tomatoes, chopped
1. Grill or bbq the sausages until they’re cooked through and well browned all over. Tear them into bite-sized chunks and set aside.
2. Add a little oil to a billycan (or saucepan) and place over the heat, then add the garlic and sliced onions. Cook till translucent.
3. Add the white wine and allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes and basil and cook for a further 5 minutes before adding the sausages.
5. Once the sausages are warmed, season and serve.
Recipe and images courtesy of debbieandandrews.co.uk