A healthy weekend treat for the whole family
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
750g cherry tomatoes
3 tbsp cold-pressed rapeseed oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 oval rustic loaf, cut into 4 slices lengthways
300g unsmoked bacon
4 medium eggs, poached
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/R6.
2. Place the tomatoes on a large baking tray and toss in 1 tablespoon of the oil and the balsamic vinegar. Season and bake for 20 minutes until soft.
3. Meanwhile brush the bread with the remaining oil, place on a baking tray and add to the oven with the tomatoes for the last 10-12 minutes of cooking.
4. Place the bacon under a preheated grill for 7-8 minutes then cut into thick slices. Mix with the tomatoes and use to top the toasted bread.
5. Top each piece of bread with a poached egg and serve sprinkled with the parsley.
Recipe and image courtesy of Shake Up Your Wake Up