British Pork chop with green herb sauce and bean salad
Full of flavour and a healthy option for dinner.
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes Serves: 6
6 x British Organic Pork chops weighing about 200g each
1 tbsp fresh thyme roughly chopped
4 tbsp mustard (English)
Juice and zest of 3 lemons (keep the lemon shells for grilling & serving with the pork)
3 x tbsp English rapeseed oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the green herb sauce
2 cloves garlic
25g fresh tarragon leaves
50 sorrel leaves (plus a few to finish)
25g fresh dill
100ml Ev olive oil (or English EV rapeseed oil)
salt & pepper
For the summer bean salad:
250g broad beans
250g shelled peas
170g fresh cannelloni or tasty broad beans, rinsed
100g radish topped, tailed & sliced
Zest & juice of 2 lemons
For the pork:
1. Mix all the ingredients together and use to marinate the pork. Chill for 30 minutes (make the green sauce).
2. Heat the gas barbecue (or if cooking inside use a char grill/ridged pan).
3. Cook the pork chops over a medium heat turning occasionally until the chops are fully cooked. Test near the bone with a small knife, there should be no pink meat and the juices should run clear.
4. Rest for 10/15 minutes in a warm place.
For the green herb sauce:
1. Place all the ingredients in a small bowl or jug and blitz using a small hand blender (or food processor).
For the salad:
1. Blanch the beans & peas in salted water until tender (about 2 minutes).
2. Drain & refresh under cold water. Mix with the other ingredients and season to taste.
3. Place on 6 plates, place the pork chops on top and drizzle with green sauce and finish with a few sorrel leaves.