Raspberries chocolate mousse with rum and raisins ice cream
Carte D’Or Rum & Raisin ice cream
200g of good quality dark chocolate, chopped
6 large scoops of Carte D’Or Rum & Raisin ice cream
3 tablespoons of pistachio nuts, crushed
4 medium size eggs
1 un-waxed orange
1. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, ensuring that the base of the bowl does not touch the water.
2. Set aside to cool but not to harden.
3. In the meantime, separate the egg yolk from the whites and place in 2 dry, clean bowls.
4. Whisk the egg whites until stiff.
5. Beat the egg yolks together with the juice and zest of the ½ orange for 2 minutes.
6. With a metal spoon, gently fold the melted chocolate in the egg yolks mixture a little at the time.
7. Lastly, fold in the egg whites with the nuts mixing all the ingredients together.
8. Divide the raspberries between 6 medium size cappuccino cups.
9. Pour the chocolate mixture over the raspberries and cover with cling film. Leave to rest in the fridge for 3 hours until set.
10. Just before serving, remove the cling film and place a scoop of Carte D’Or Rum & Raisin ice cream on top.
11. Decorate with more orange zest sprinkled on top of the ice cream.