Beer steamed spare ribs
1 rack of pork belly ribs
1ltr Chang Beer
2 strips of casia bark or cinnamon stalk
1 star anise and 6 cloves
1 stalk lemon grass
100g raw peeled peanuts
2 tbsp. coriander stalks
2 garlic cloves
150ml sweet chilli sauce
2 tbsp. fish sauce
Juice of ½ lime
- Cook pork ribs on a rack over the beer and spices for 3 hours in a steamer. Allow to cool before portioning into individual ribs.
- Place peeled raw peanuts in a pan of cold water and bring to the boil. Drain, dry and cool.
- Roast the peanuts in a low oven at 110 degrees, for around 20-30 minutes until light golden brown
- Crush the peanuts in a clean tea towel using a rolling pin.
- For the chilli glaze, place all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth
- Fry the ribs until soft lightly caramelised. Brush on the sticky chilli glaze.
- Finally roll in crushed, roasted peanuts. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.