Cherry, Apricot and Chocolate Chip Flapjacks
This recipe swaps sugar for SPLENDA®, the Sugar Alternative with a great sugar like taste but a fraction of the calories thanks to its original ingredient, sucralose. So you no longer have to sacrifice your favourite sweet treats to eat healthily!Cherry, Apricot and Chocolate Chip Flapjacks
175g butter, plus extra for greasing
175g golden syrup
4 tablespoons Splenda granulated sweetener
300g porridge oats
pinch of salt
50g dried cherries, halved
75g ready-to-eat dried apricots, chopped
40g white chocolate chips
40g dark or milk chocolate chips
1. The dried cherries and chocolate chips give these flapjacks a delicious new twist!
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4. Grease a 20cm square baking tin and line it with greaseproof paper – by leaving an overhang of paper, the flapjacks will be easier to remove later.
3. Melt the butter with the golden syrup in a large saucepan over a gentle heat. Bring to the boil and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat.
4. Mix together the sweetener, porridge oats, salt, cherries, apricots and chocolate chips. Add to the saucepan and stir together until thoroughly mixed. Tip into the prepared tin and level the surface with the back of a spoon.
5. Bake for 20–25 minutes until golden brown. Cool for 30 minutes, then remove from the tin and cut into 16 squares. Leave to cool completely on a wire rack. Keep in an airtight container, or wrap in greaseproof paper.
Per serving: 229kcal; 4g protein; 12g fat; 6.8g saturated fat; 29g carbohydrates; 16.2g sugar; 2.4g fibre; 0.15g sodium