Perfect for using up any leftovers from your Sunday lunch
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 750ml (27fl oz) chicken stock
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast, diced
- 2 vermicelli nests
- 100g (4oz) sliced fine green beans
- 75g (3oz) frozen garden peas
- 2 salad onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp green basil pesto
- Place the stock and chicken in a large pan. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Crumble the pasta nests into small pieces then add to the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the beans, peas and salad onions and simmer for a further 3 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the pasta and chicken are cooked through. Stir in the pesto then ladle between 2 bowls and serve.
Recipe and image courtesy of waitrose.com