Lovely served with Bulgar or Noodles!
500g Diced Chicken pieces
medium chopped onion
red pepper, deseeded and chopped
1 crushed clove garlic
olive oil to fry
1½-2 tsp ground, smoked sweet paprika
handful chopped parsley
white wine – enough to just cover the meat
about 90mls double cream (or creme fraiche)
salt and pepper.
1. Fry the onions and pepper over a medium heat until soft and set aside.
2. Add more oil to the pan – brown the chicken in small batches and set aside.
3. Season the chicken with the salt, pepper and paprika.
4. Deglaze the pan with a little white wine, add all the ingredients and top up with more wine if
necessary. It should just cover. Lid and simmer for about 1¼ hours.
5. At this stage add the double cream and simmer with the lid off for another 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. This will reduce and thicken the sauce.