Chilli stuffed peppers
Serves: 4 (for 2, halve ingredients)
1 x 410g can vegetarian chilli 99% fat free
1 x 227g can chopped tomatoes
1 x 290g can mushrooms, drained
225g long grain cooked rice
1 cinnamon stick
50g cashew nuts, roughly chopped
A little olive oil
4 red peppers
1 small pot natural yogurt
Handful of chopped fresh mint
¼ cucumber, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 400F, 200C, Gas Mark 6.
2. Empty the vegetable chilli and tomatoes into a saucepan and heat gently until just starting to bubble.
3. Add the rice, cinnamon and cloves. Heat gently for 4 minutes. Remove the cinnamon and cloves and add the cashew nuts.
4. Halve the red peppers and remove the seeds. Brush with a little olive oil and place on a baking sheet, spoon the chilli into the peppers and bake for 20-25 minutes until the chilli is heated through and the peppers still slightly crunchy.
5. Mix together the yoghurt, cucumber and mint and chill until ready to serve.
How to serve: Serve the stuffed peppers with the yoghurt dressing. Serve with a baby spinach and tomato salad.
Nutritional value per serving
Carbohydrate: 43 g
Protein: 11 g
Fat: 8 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Fibre: 3 g
Iron: 3 mg