Chocolate and Spanish olive truffles
- 150g double cream
- 220g of 70% dark chocolate
- 1 orange zest
- 150g of black pitted Spanish olives
- 40g of butter
1. Take 150g of black olives and blend them into a rough paste with a food processor.
2. Place a medium sized pot with the double cream over a low heat. When this is almost at boiling point, turn off the heat and add the chopped dark chocolate, orange zest and the olive pate.
3. Mix the truffle mixture well with a spatula until you have a smooth texture.
4. The mix should still be warm, now add the chopped butter to give extra shine and silkiness to the truffles mix.
5. Cover the pot with cling film and cool down in the fridge for 5-7 hours for the mix to harden so that you can shape it into balls later on.
6. Once cool and hard, it’s time to make little balls with your hands, shape the mixture and then coat them with cocoa powder.
I recommend placing them back in the fridge to enjoy them cold, as they take longer to melt in your mouth!
For more delicious Olives from Spain recipes please visit www.olivesfromspain.co.uk