Prepration time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
1 tbsp cocoa powder
100g (3/12oz) self-raising flour
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
50g (2oz) light soft brown sugar
100ml (3/12floz) skimmed milk
1 medium free range egg
2 tbsp sunflower oil, plus extra for greasing
For the hot chocolate custard
2 x 150g (5oz) pots low-fat custard
25g (1oz) dark chocolate, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 170°C/R5.
2. Lightly grease 6 holes of a muffin tin. Sieve the cocoa into a large bowl with the flour and bicarbonate of soda. Stir in the sugar and make a well in the centre.
3. Beat the milk, egg and oil together in a jug, pour into the well and stir quickly to make a batter. Spoon into the muffin tin and bake for 15 minutes or until risen and firm to the touch.
4. Heat the custard according to instructions on pack, tip in the chopped chocolate and stir until melted and smooth.
5. To serve, turn the puddings into bowls and pour over the custard.
Recipe and image courtesy of www.whitworths-sugar.co.uk