Oven Temperature: 160c (fan) /180c / Gas Mark 4.
Bake Time: 20-25 minutes, plus 16 minutes drying out time.
400g plain flour
130g caster sugar
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp grated nutmeg
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground cloves
2 eggs, large
75g Stork Baking Liquid
1 tsp vanilla extract
Zest of 1 large orange
75g pistachio nuts
25g dried apple
75g dried cranberries
25g mixed peel
150g icing sugar
1-2 tbsps cold water
1. Preheat the oven to 160c(fan)/180c/Gas Mark 4 and line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
2. Place the flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, ground cloves and orange zest into a large bowl and stir to mix evenly, make a well in the centre.
3. Beat together the eggs, Stork Baking Liquid and vanilla extract and pour into the dry ingredients. Mix together spoon to form a soft dough.
4. Roughly chop the pistachio nuts, dried apricots and apple and add to the dough along with the dried cranberries and mixed peel. Knead gently until fully incorporated.
5. Split the dough into three equal portions and shape into long loaves – approx. 20 cm long, 5cm wide. If the dough is sticky to handle add a little flour to work surface to prevent it from sticking.
6. Transfer the loaves to the lined baking tray.
7. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until lightly golden brown. Allow to cool on the tray for 5 minutes. Using a sharp serrated bread knife cut each loaf at an angle into 1cm wide biscuits. Place each biscuit back onto the baking tray.
8. Bake in the oven for 8 minutes before turning over and baking for a further 8 minutes.
9. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
10. Sift the icing sugar into a bowl and add a little water, 1 tablespoon at a time to make a thick icing.
11. Drizzle the icing over the biscuits using a piping bag or the back of a teaspoon.
Large mixing bowl, scales, measuring spoons, wire cooling rack, small disposable piping bags, silicone spatula, sharp knife, serrated bread knife, baking tray, non-stick baking paper.