Clotted cream chocolate truffles
These truffles have an unbelievably satiny texture, only achieved by using Rodda’s clotted cream. Rich and indulgent, make them for a special occasion or pack them up in a pretty box as a thoughtful gift. They certainly won’t last very long!
1 227g tub Rodda’s clotted cream
200g 70% cocoa solids chocolate
50g good quality cocoa powder
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Melt the chocolate either in a bain marie or in the microwave.
- Stir the clotted cream into the chocolate until the mixture is silky smooth. Chill for 2-3 hours.
- Have a plate ready with the cocoa powder. Then use a melon baller dipped in hot water to shape the truffles by running it through the truffle mix. Drop into the cocoa. You will need to dip the melon baller into the hot water after each truffle. Alternatively you can use 2 teaspoons.
- After you have done 5 or 6 truffles, roll them in the cocoa and then set aside and continue rolling and dusting until you have finished all the mixture. If you want a more uniform finish dust the truffles, roll in your hand to form a smooth ball and then dust again in the cocoa.
- Chill over night if you can or for at least 4 hours.
For a contemporary twist, try flavouring your truffles with a 1/4tsp minced chilli, the zest of an unwaxed lemon or 1/2tsp Cornish sea salt.