Coconut chicken nuggets
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 6 minutes
6 chicken fillets
120g (41/2oz) plain flour
250ml (9floz) piri-piri sauce
250g (9oz) toasted coconut
Rapeseed oil for shallow frying
Salt to taste
½ papaya, cut into quarters
250g (9oz) strawberries cut into thick rings
125ml (4floz) crème fraiche
1 lime, zested
Fresh coriander and mint, to garnish
- Cut the chicken fillets into pieces and then dust in the flour, shaking off the excess.
- Dip the chicken chunks into the piri-piri sauce, then roll in the toasted coconut.
- Heat the rapeseed oil, fry the chicken until golden, drain on paper towel and then season with salt.
- Place the papaya and strawberries on a plate, add the chicken and drizzle with piri-piri sauce.
- Mix together the crème fraiche and the lime zest to serve on the side. Garnish with fresh coriander and mint.
Recipe and image courtesy of Nando’s