Hazelnut coffee biscuits
125g plain white flour, sifted
½ tsp ground cinnamon
50g icing sugar, sifted
Finely grated zest of 1 orange
100g unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 medium egg yolk
1 tbsp The Flavour Collective Roasted Hazelnut coffee dissolved in 2 tsp hot water
25g toasted hazelnuts, chopped
50g milk chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. In a large bowl mix the flour, cinnamon, icing sugar, egg yolk, coffee and nuts. Once evenly mixed, the biscuit dough should be soft and easily form a ball.
- Wrap dough cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface until 3mm thick all over. Cut to desired shape using biscuit cutters and place onto a baking tray lined with non stick parchment.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes or until golden brown. Leave to cool for 10 minutes then put onto a wire cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, break the milk chocolate into chunks and place in a glass bowl. Sit the bowl over a pan of boiling water on the hob until melted.
- Drizzle each biscuit with melted chocolate and allow to set before eating.