Corn Fritters with Roasted Plum Tomatoes
This combination makes the most delicious snack for lunch or even as a starter!
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
60g plain flour
¼ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 tsp ground cumin
125ml Alpro Almond milk
350g sweetcorn kernels
16 baby plum tomatoes, halved
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 handfuls of baby spinach leaves
Salt and pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC / Gas Mark 6
2. Sift the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the egg with the Alpro Almond milk and add to the dry ingredients. Whisk together until you have a smooth batter. Add the sweetcorn and mix to combine.
3. Place the tomatoes on a baking tray and sprinkle over the crushed garlic, thyme, salt and pepper and a little olive oil. Bake in the oven for about 20-30 mins. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the tomatoes with the balsamic vinegar.
4. Heat a little sunflower oil in a non-stick frying pan until hot, spoon the batter a tbsp at a time and cook the fritters on both sides.
5. Place a couple of the fritters on a plate and top with the tomatoes and the spinach to serve.
Tip/Serving Suggestion: Add some zing with a dash of sweet chilli sauce.