Corned beef hash pie
Preparation: Approx 35 minutes
Cooking time: Approx 45 minutes
1 x 340g can Princes Corned Beef
1 tbsp sunflower oil
1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
1 carrot, topped, tailed and diced
1 stick celery, finely diced
200g-225g peeled diced potato
Sprinkle of grated nutmeg
Dash of Worcester sauce
200ml beef stock
150g frozen peas, defrosted
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a large non-stick pan, add the onion, diced carrot, celery and potato and fry over a gentle heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the nutmeg and Worcester sauce and fry for a further minute before adding the stock. Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the carrots and potatoes are cooked and the liquid has reduced.
3. Cut the Princes Corned Beef into cubes and add these along with the peas.
4. Make the pastry by sieving the flour into a large mixing bowl, rub the fats into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs, add the water and combine the pastry together with a round bladed knife. Place the pastry in the fridge for 20 minutes in greaseproof paper to rest.
5. Roll out two thirds of the pastry and line a 10“/25cm pie plate and remove any overlapping pastry with a sharp knife. Place the corned beef hash filling into the middle of the dish leaving the edges free. Dampen the edge with milk.
6. Roll out the remaining pastry, cover the pie with the pastry lid, pinch the edges together and decorate the top with any cut off pieces of pastry.
7. Brush the top of the pastry with milk.
8. Place in a preheated oven to 190°C/170°C Fan/Gas Mark 5 for 45 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.