Mission Foods Cornish Pasty By Lesley Waters
4 x Mission Deli Wraps
1tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
225g/8oz lean minced beef
2tbsp sun-dried tomato puree
2 medium potatoes or 225g/8oz prepared weight, peeled and finely diced
2 medium carrots or 140g/5oz prepared weight, peeled and finely diced
2tbsp fresh thyme leaves
100ml/3 ½fl oz tomato passata
85g/3oz frozen peas
1 egg, beaten
1. Heat the oil in a pan and cook onions over a medium heat for 5 minutes until softened. Turn up the heat, stir in beef and cook for 5 minutes until browned.
2. Stir in the tomato puree, potato, carrot, thyme, passata and 100ml/3 ½ fl oz water. Bring to the boil (cover) then simmer for 8-10 minutes. Stir in the peas and cook for a further 2 minutes. Season to taste.
3. Pre-heat oven to 200C/ 400F/Gas 6. Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
4. Take the multigrain wraps and place 2 on each tray. Divide the beef mixture between each, spooning on to each half, leaving a 1/ 2cm border around edges.
5. Brush the edges well with beaten egg, fold over the wrap and press down firmly to seal the edges. Brush outside edges with more beaten egg and press down well. Brush all over with more beaten egg.
6. Place in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes until golden. Serve with tomato chutney or ketchup on the side.
For further recipe ideas, visit www.missiondeli.com