Vegetable and cottage cheese croquettes
These easy croquettes are great with chicken or fish
Prep time: 15 minutes plus cooling time
Cook time: 6-7 minutes
600g floury potatoes e.g. Maris Piper
150g carrots, cut into ½cm dice
100g cottage cheese
75g medium oatmeal
Oil for shallow frying
1. Cut the potatoes into chunks and place in a saucepan of cold water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes until tender, Drain and allow to cool completely.
2. Meanwhile, boil the carrots and peas for 3 minutes, drain and run under cold water.
3. Mash the potatoes, stir in the cottage cheese and vegetables and season well.
4. Divide into 8 and mould into cylinder shapes. Sprinkle the oatmeal onto a large plate and roll each croquette in it to evenly coat.
5. Heat a little oil in a large frying pan and fry the croquettes for 5 minutes, turning occasionally until golden.
Serve with low fat garlic mayonnaise and salad.
Cooks tip – Try using frozen mixed vegetables instead of peas and carrots.