Cream of celeriac soup
Preparation time 20 mins
Cooking time: 45 mins
50g (2oz) butter
1 celeriac, peeled and cubed
1 leek, trimmed, washed and roughly sliced
1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
1 garlic clove, sliced
1 litre vegetable stock
200g (7oz) yoghurt
1 tbsp Madras curry paste
50g (2oz) sunflower seeds toasted
1. Melt the butter in a large, heavy-based pan over a medium to low heat.
2. Add the celeriac, leek, garlic and onion. Season generously and gently sweat the vegetables until they are all starting to soften (approx 10 minutes).
3. Add the stock and bring the soup to the boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for approximately 30 minutes or until the celeriac is completely tender.
4. While soup is cooking mix the yoghurt and curry paste together.
5. Liquidise until smooth, return to the pan and reheat over a medium flame.
6. Just before serving, check the soup for seasoning and serve with a dollop of curried yoghurt, sprinkling the toasted sesame seeds on top.
Recipe and image courtesy of Total Greek Yoghurt.