Serves: 12 large cupcakes
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
200g (7oz) soft butter
200g (7oz) caster sugar
4 medium free-range eggs
200g self-raising flour
2 tsp ground cinnamon
Zest of one orange
200g (7oz) mixed fruit
For the brandy icing
200g (7oz) cream cheese
100g (3.5oz) soft slightly salted butter
600g (1.25lb) sieved icing sugar
2 tbsp of brandy or 1 tbsp of vanilla essence
Silver balls and sprinkles
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC/R5
2. Place the butter and sugar in a large bowl and whisk until pale and fluffy.
3. Beat the eggs lightly in a separate bowl and slowly add to the mixture. If it starts to curdle, add a tablespoon of flour.
4. Using a large spoon, stir in the flour, cinnamon and orange zest. Gently fold in the fruit and spoon the mixture halfway up the muffin cases.
5. Put into the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes until lightly golden. Remove from the oven and cool.
To make the brandy icing
1. Put the cream cheese, butter and icing sugar into a large bowl and whisk until light and fluffy. If the mixture is too runny, add more icing sugar.
2. Stir in the brandy or vanilla essence and spread on to the cupcakes with a palette knife.
3. Decorate with sprinkles and silver balls.