Creamy spicy turkey curry
This delicious turkey curry has a wealth of fresh spicy flavours, if you like it hot simply add another chilli!
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, sliced
2 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
3cm fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsp garam masala
juice of 1 large lemon
3 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
500g cooked turkey, cubed
125g cream cheese
125g Greek style yogurt
2 tbsp chopped coriander
1. Heat half the oil in a large pan, add the onion, green chilli, ginger and garlic, cook until the onions are a light golden brown.
2. Add the garam masala and fry for a further 3 minutes. Mix in the lemon juice and leave to cool slightly. Place in a mini processor and whiz into a paste.
3. Add the remaining oil and return the paste to the pan, add the turkey and toss until coated in the paste.
4. Add the cream cheese, yoghurt and mint cover the pan and cook for about 30 minutes or until the turkey is fully heated through.
5. Stir in the coriander leaves and season to taste. Serve with rice and naan bread.