Creamy Steak & Onion Chipotle Fajitas
Fajitas are always a family favourite. This recipe is creamy, yet spicy with smoked steak and onion filling.
Cooking time: 7-9 minutes
- 400g pack frozen sirloin steak strips
- 200g frozen sliced or chopped onions
- 1- 2 tablespoons (15 – 30 ml) oil
- 200g frozen sliced mixed peppers
- 1 – 2 teaspoons (5 – 10 ml) frozen crushed or chopped garlic
- 280 ml double cream
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) chipotle paste
- 8 tortillas, warmed
1. Fry the steak and onions in the oil for 3 minutes to brown. Add the peppers and garlic and continue to fry for 3 – 4 minutes, until the steak is almost cooked. Stir in the cream and chipotle paste. Heat, whilst stirring for 1 – 2 minutes to thicken.
2. Divide the steak mixture between the warmed tortillas, fold and serve
with a rocket salad, salsa, and a sprinkling of frozen coriander.
1. Replace the steak with thawed chicken or fish.
2. To vary, in place of the cream, use a prepared frozen chipotle sauce –approximately 200g – thawed as directed.