Dark chocolate and sea salt cake
The combination of intense chocolate and crunchy sea salt makes this an indulgent but sophisticated cake
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
200g dark chocolate
200g ground almonds
120g caster sugar
4 eggs, yolks and whites separated
1 tsp salt
sea-salt flakes to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C/R3.
2. Grease and line a spring-form 9-inch cake tin.
3. Melt the butter and chocolate in a bowl over hot water. Once combined, remove the bowl and let the mixture cool a little before adding the egg yolks, ground almonds and salt.
4. Whisk the egg whites until they make stiff peaks then slowly add the sugar.
5. Gently fold the egg whites into the chocolate and butter mixture.
6. Sprinkle with a little salt on top before putting the cake into the oven. Bake for 45 minutes. Let the cake cool a little before eating.