Easter Vanilla & lemon butter bunny biscuits
Treat the kids with these fun biscuits!
Baking Time:15 minutes
100 grams Butter Cut into cubes
100 grams Billington’s Golden Caster Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla extract
175 grams Allinson Wholemeal Plain Flour
1 Egg Yolk Large sized
6 tbsp Natural organic lemon curd
125 grams Billington’s Golden Icing Sugar Sifted
1. Put the butter and golden caster sugar into a processor with the vanilla extract. Blend for a few seconds to combine. Add the flour and egg yolk and whizz together until it forms into a ball. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead the dough lightly for a couple of minutes until it’s smooth. Wrap in cling film and chill for 20 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 180C (160C fan) gas 4. Roll the dough between two sheets of baking parchment. Take a bunny cutter (see tip below) and stamp out 6 shapes, or cut around template with a knife onto the dough, then carefully lift away the dough around the shapes, leaving 6 bunny shapes on the paper
3. Carefully lift the biscuits and paper onto a baking sheet and cook for 12-15 minutes until they are firm and pale golden. Cool for 5 minutes, then use a palette knife to transfer them onto a wire rack to cool completely. (The biscuits will keep undecorated in an airtight container for up to 1 week)
4. For the icing, put the lemon curd into a bowl and gradually beat in the unrefined icing sugar until the icing stands up in peaks. Spoon into a piping bag fitted with a tiny plain nozzle. Pipe the eyes, nose, mouth and ears on the biscuits to serve.
5. Tip: Here’s how we made our own bunny face shaped template. Take a 5cm (2 inch) plain round cutter, or jar lid. Put on to a piece of paper or thin card then draw around.
6. Use the edge of the round cutter to help draw one long ear at the top left of the circle.
7. Cut around the base of the circle, then fold in half. Cut around the drawn ear, open out and you should have a round with two equal ears at the top! Use shop bought bunny cutters, if you prefer. ~