Healthy Family Recipes – Exotic Chilli Mango and Prawn Skewers with a Mango Dip
Serve the prawn and mango skewers alongside the dipping sauce.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 2 tbsp Rubicon Mango juice drink
- 24 prawns, cleaned and peeled
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Alphonso mangoes, peeled and chopped into cubes
For the Chilli Mango dipping sauce:
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 6tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- 2tbsp Rubicon Mango juice drink
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2tsp grated fresh root ginger
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in water for ten minutes.
- Put the prawns, half the mango juice, chilli, olive oil and honey into a large bowl. Mix together and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Leave to marinate for 10 minutes. Once ready, thread the prawns and mango onto a skewer alternately.
- Heat a barbeque or griddle pan until smoking, add the skewers and cook for one minute on each side, or until the prawns are completely cooked through.
- Place the sugar, vinegar, soy sauce and remaining mango juice into a small pan and gently bring to the boil. Add the garlic, ginger and chilli and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Serve the prawn and mango skewers alongside the dipping sauce.