Asparagus and Gnocchi with Sage Butter
Serve in warm bowls, sprinkled with Parmesan
Cost per person: £1.52
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cook: 5 minutes
80g lightly salted butter
2 garlic cloves sliced
1 small bunch of fresh sage
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
Salt and cracked black pepper
2 bundles of asparagus trimmed and cut into 3cm lengths
50g grated Parmesan
- Put a large pan of salted water on to boil.
- Heat a large frying pan and add the butter. When the butter begins to brown slightly, add the garlic and sage and cook for a minute or until the sage begins to crisp at the edges. Then add the lemon zest and juice, season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
- Place the gnocchi and asparagus in the pan of boiling water and cook until the gnocchi rises to the top of the water, approximately 2 -3 minutes.
- When the gnocchi and asparagus are cooked, strain in a colander, then tip them into the frying pan with the sage and butter, gently toss the pan to make sure the butter coats the gnocchi.
- Serve in warm bowls, sprinkled with Parmesan.