Baked haddock with tomatoes and spinach
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
400g (14oz) spinach, roughly chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 x 250g (9oz) haddock fillets
4 ripe plum tomatoes, finely chopped
400g (14oz) very low fat natural yoghurt 3 egg yolks
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 tbsp grated Cheddar cheese (optional)
4 tbsp dried wholemeal breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 200C/R6. Boil the spinach for 2-3 minutes, drain thoroughly and finely chop. Season well.
- Lightly spray a medium, shallow ovenproof dish with Fry Light. Spread the spinach evenly in the bottom of the dish, then place the haddock on top in a single layer. Season well, scatter with the chopped tomatoes and place in the oven for 6-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the yoghurt, egg yolks and nutmeg, and season well.
- Remove the fish from the oven and spoon the yoghurt mixture evenly over each fish portion. Sprinkle with the Cheddar, if using, and the breadcrumbs.
- Place under a medium-hot grill for 4-5 minutes, or until the sauce is golden and bubbling and the fish is cooked through. Serve immediately.